Replacement bonnet - GTV... - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
Re: Replacement bonnet - GTV...

My local breakers in armagh n ireland is breaking 5 gtv's if anybody is looking for stuff.

Sponsored Links

Member car:

Supra TT

Originally Posted by fantom alfa View Post
That sounds fantastic. Has anyone actually seen one and the quality of the finish, especially the painted finish?
Looks like they have just some bits for a gtv race car for roger evans @ 'peak alfa' (some pics on their march news page below the gt40).

May be worth asking him about the fit/finish.
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

'01 GTV 3.0V6

Well I have been in touch with Ian at Alphacomposites and he has been most informative and helpful. Here is our email correspondance.
Hi Richard
we would be able to provide provision for a standard latch mechanism but not the hydraulic bonnet stays. These would be far too stiff for a lightweight composite bonnet. The issue of gel coat colour is mearly to provide a similar colour to the paint on the vehicle so as to avoid obvious stone chips. The bonnet is not meant to be fitted and remain unpainted. You may however get a "bleed through" of the carbon fibre weave to the outer surface which many people find acceptable but others may not. These bonnets are aimed at motorsport and track day use in that they are far lighter than standard and require a certain amount of fitting adjustment etc. and are usually fitted with bonnet pins.
Hope that is of use
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 26 March 2007 11:53
To: [email]techsales
Subject: RE: GTV Bonnet

Hi Ian

Thanks for getting back to me. From your reply it doesn't sound like the bonnet would be quite what I am after. I like to do occasional track days but the car is used every day on the road and I would want to use a standard original latch only - I take it that is not an option? Also am I correct that it could not be painted to exactly match my car?

Thanks for getting back to me and do let me know if my assumptions are incorrect.

Sent: 26 March 2007 10:35
To: Richard
Subject: RE: GTV Bonnet

Hello Richard,
we could make a bonnet to the same spescification as Rodgers but would ask wheather ure intending to race or track day the car as Rodgers bonnet is fastened with bonnet pins and doesnt use the original latch. We could make a bonnet in around 4 or 5 weeks as we are very busy.
The bonnet retails at £475 with no vat.
We can gel coat the bonnet in any colour to be similar to ure cars colour. Lets me know if this is satisfactory.
Sent: 23 March 2007 19:38
To: [email]techsales
Subject: GTV Bonnet

I am interested to replace my bonnet on my Alfa Romeo GTV as I have damaged the current one in a minor prang . I am interested to replace with a carbon fibre piece as fitted to Rodger Evans car. Please could you confirm if a bonnet is available to order, what the delivery time would be and of course the price.

I shall look forward to hearing from you.

Richard Fantom

So it could be done with a standard latch but I would have to lose the hydraulic stays (which would save even more weight) and would never get a perfectly smooth surface, but rather a slight carbon-fibre weave. Would this really look acceptable? Any opinions?

Last edited by fantom alfa; 26-03-07 at 22:04. Reason: to remove email addresses
AO Member
County: Paris / Ill de France
Originally Posted by Angarak View Post
Taken from http://***** (March News):

OEM: 28kgs
Carbon: 9.5kg

I think about this kind of bonnet.
I find this old post, and there is someone who's know where can we buy one, the weight is incredible and I want one like that for my gtv sport-club.
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

TUT bonnet adjustment on GTV

I have a gtv jts with accident damage (repaired) and there is a gap all round including at the top of the doors where they meet the bonnet. The bonnet looks too high - is there anyway of adjusting the bonnet hinges to drop the bonnet? Very greatful for any ideas/help.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bonnet , gtv , replacement