Re: Cooked on tick over
Thanks for the advice. We looked at the car again today, it seems to have a fuel leak and only started with some difficulty,however it sounds ok but unfortunately overheated very quickly. On the plus side it did not pressurise the cooling sytem. The car did not have an underbonnet fire and appeared siezed when it was so hot. The smoke smelt like burning plastic, hot oil, you name it. So our current plan is to take top end covers, pipes etc off to have a look for any burnt stuff, change thermostat, take rad out to be checked, sort why fans didn't cut in then do oil change and try it again. I feel a bit more optimistic about it today, fingers crossed it may survive yet.