Spider rear window - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 29-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Powys
Spider rear window

I'm thinking of spoiling my spider with a new rear window section - a present for passing her mot
Has anyone had one from this site ? GTV Spider Window Only (PW20) | Cabriolet Hoods
Seem quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else - too cheap ?

I could get away with just changing the plastic,but the mohair is a bit tatty at either end of the bottom rail so maybe changing the lot is the way to go
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Brokopondo
That is a good price. Not sure if they are still available on ebay but they used to be at £150 delivered. This was the complete section including fabric surround.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 06-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Powys
I ordered the rear section i linked to as i couldn't find one any cheaper and BAS seem to get good feedback for their MG hoods.
On arrival i found it be exactly the same as the rear section that was already on the car,so didn't have to swap the zip.Unfortunately whoever put on the last replacement didn't think it would ever be changed again as 7 of the allen bolts had been nicely rounded off. Managed to get all but one out with a removal bit,but broke the drill bit in the other.This was a real pita to get out and i damaged the thread in the frame in the process.So as always,what could have been a simple 30 min job took 4 hrs+
Generally happy with the new window,but it does seem a little narrow at the bottom.The velcro on the edge seams is about a cm too narrow either side to mate with the side flaps.But i'm not sure if it's a problem with the window section size or the age and condition of the side flaps - i'd guess its the latter. I could cut the stitching on the bottom of the vecro flap and it would then look and fit better ( this is what had been done to the previous rear section) but i'll leave as is for now

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

rear , spider , window