ABS Sensor removal from hub? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 16-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member
County: Brokopondo
ABS Sensor removal from hub?

Following on from Seadarts thread on how to remove rusty nuts, i recently replaced the rear hub on my P1Spider and now the sensor that was in the replacement 2nd hand hub has decided that its gonna play silly beggars and the abs light is on full time on dash.

Multiecuscan has confirmed it's the sensor and i coated in +Gas yesterday and attempted to remove tonight without joy. I know it's only a small screw but that blighter will not shift. Have a T30 socket and a T-handle bar but it still will not shift!!!

So, some of you guys must have solved this issue in the past ? if so how did you manage it as i dont want that screw to shear in the hub. Surely it's advisable to put some copperslip on this screw when installing ?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Hit the top of your T bar with a copper hammer as you turn it and it acts like an impact driver. Did it this afternoon on a bolt one of the lads was struggling with. Use ordinary grease rather than copaslip on re assembly.
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire
I did rusty nuts not screws.. you're going to fast for me..
Yea give it good bang with a socket and hammer, but you may end up having to drill it out .. I've not done it but I hear they can be beggars to shift..

If you can buy some left hand drill bits .. it makes it a lot easier.. take a look on "youtube" .."left hand drill bit"
Also an "impact driver" is a good tool to have .. usually about a tenner from Machine Mart.
It has a quarter drive on it .. so it can take sockets.. anyway you place it.. belt it with a hammer and it shocks and twists at the same time..

Gettin' to old for this sh*t

Last edited by seadart; 16-05-14 at 20:36.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

abs , hub , removal , sensor