Happy Brooklands visit - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 04-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Somerset
Happy Brooklands visit

As a contrast from the tales of woe I would like to report a great day out! 265 mile round trip to Brooklands in the sunshine, the top came down and went up with no trouble and the car ran without fault. The new rad did it's stuff, temperature remained just below 90 all day - even in a contraflow bung up - and did not use any water. Average MPG 37 which I think is amazing. Brooklands was great, met up with some friends not seen for a while and saw some wonderful machinery - oh and sat in a C4 - anyone got a spare 40K?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Berkshire
Plenty of sunshine, l've got somewhat sun burnt,looking at cars and enjoying the sun roof
on the way home.According to the kids I,m their new umpa lumpa.
Any car not breaking down on a round trip to an occasion is icing on the cake to be savered
and enjoyed.
AO Member
County: West Midlands
Yes 100% agree. A cracking day out with lots to see & do. Caught up with a few members and dribbled over lots of cars. Carried on to Sussex for Supercar Sunday ... And whilst it was good to see lots of pretty & expensive motors it wasn't as good as Brooklands.
After several hundred miles in the Cup I have concluded ... The rear suspension is knackered & will be powerflexed with new shocks ASAP.... It goes like stink & chews the miles up in good comfort.. Overall a happy chap :-)
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 401
County: Mid Glamorgan
Me too. Fantastic day!! Car performed beautifully, used no oil, maintained temperature and developed no squeaks, rattles or bangs!!
Met some great people!
Sorry I had to leave early but my dog needed collecting from the groomers and the lovely brook lands people didn't buy that he was a hearing dog

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

brooklands , happy , visit