Very strong vibration through the body of the car.... thoughts?
Any help with diagnosing the following?
- Strong (really, very strong) vibration through the body of the car at around 50-55 mph
- No vibration above or below the affected speeds
- No vibration through the steering wheel
- Recently changed to (bigger) wheels, and the effect of the vibration seems worse, but was also present with the previous set(s)
- The wheels should be OK balance wise, but haven't been checked lately
- I cant change wheels front to back, as the rears are bigger and wont fit on the front
- Tyres are almost new and in good condition (no bulges etc)
- Theres also an occasional clonk on the front suspension when the suspension is manipulated, but I get th feeling its not related.
Most of the front end of the car is new (shocks, springs, lower arms, spring mounts, ARBs etc).
I keep thinking driveshafts, but wouldnt know how/why/ or how to diagnose.....
-1998 916 Spider 2.0TS Lusso-
H&S Corse stage 1.
CATCAMs stage 1 cams with Savali custom ECU remap.
305mm discs with 166 4-pot callipers.
Ragazzon exhaust mid section.
Biscione Racing 2x70mm rear section.
17" Zender Siena wheels with 3mm rear spacers.
etc etc etc!