GTV Lambda Sensor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 17-12-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0 ts

GTV Lambda Sensor

About to change my Lambda sensor ,struggling to find it on my car,I have the new part .
Could someone point me in the right direction,does the undertray need to come off?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: GTV Lambda Sensor

I have not had to change the lambda sensor on my spider, but have done so on other cars. Usually a straight forward job once you locate it on the exhaust. Taking the under tray off might may things easier and will give you the chance to see if anything else needs attention. I have attached a page from the repair manual which may help.

Let me know how you get on incase I have to do mine.

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: doc lambda1.doc (68.5 KB, 266 views)
File Type: doc lambda2.doc (51.5 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by GEOFFs125; 17-12-06 at 16:50. Reason: Wrong files.
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS

Depending on your engine version, you'll either have one lambda sensor just before the cat (CF2 engine) or three - one in each of the small cats behind the manifold heatshield, and one after the large cat under the car (CF3 engine). I think the CF3 engine was in cars from 2000 onwards, or thereabouts. It's easy enough to check which one you have, look behind the exhaust manifold heatshield for the small cats.
AO Member

Member car:

Gtv 2.0 TS Lusso

You need to know which one is faulty, this would have been shown on the diagnostic printout as No1, 2 or 3 and is counted from the front.
Bert Cheese
Wave Re: GTV Lambda Sensor

My TS is a 1996 model with the CF1 set-up.

..That means only one lambda( )which was near the cat,it took me about half an hour to change......threading the cable back up the firewall to the connector is the hardest part,it pays to have an assistant who can look down from above and grab the cable end for you.

Tis best to get the proper Bosch item here,about 75 or so.........I'm usually quite happy to go with aftermarket parts but non OE lambda sensors are not a good idea on these engines.
AO Member

my cars only got one, the biggest tip i can give you is to tie a strong piece of string onto the connector of the old probe before you remove the wire from the car, then you can use the string on the new wire so your assistant can pull it up.
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Gtv 2.0 TS

So let me get this straight, a 2001 GTV 2.0 TS is a CF3 engine thus having 3 lambda sensors? I ask because I'm beginning to think mine need replacing...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , lambda , sensor