Too good to scrap - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 01-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Too good to scrap

Hi Guy's, had this car since last August and used it as a Sunday car and lucky if i've done 600 miles on it.

The MOT ran out last month and it's just sat ever since, Seems too good to scrap but have to be honest and I'm just not interested in keeping her any more ( Too many toys )

Runs fine, but has a bad battery and a blown centre exhaust. interior is also good.

Plus points are...... Zender cup wings, Aero rear spoiler, and the "Marmite" Zender rear window spoiler.

Now the take back scheme will give me 200 for the car and the other bits i know have got some value.

But interested to know if anyone would be interested in the whole car as a package as I said far too good to just scrap.

Car is in Edinburgh

Alfa GTV Photos by fx-1 | Photobucket

Please PM me.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Kildare

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

List it on ebay with a reserve of 300 quid. If it goes for anything more happy days.
If it doesn't meet the reserve, no big deal. You get your 200 pounds, but strip the goodies from it first. Theres someone out there with a gtv with cloth seats, who'd love to have your leather plus a few pound your way.

Also if you do put it up on ebay, give it a good wash, let it dry, put some tyre shine on the wheels, park it somewhere nicer and take some full size photos of the car.

Pm for good price on parts for your 156 v6
AO Member
County: Devon
[QUOTE=Scortho;8557321........ if you do put it up on ebay, give it a good wash, let it dry, put some tyre shine on the wheels, park it somewhere nicer and take some full size photos of the car.[/QUOTE]

It always amazes me how many people advertise cars with pictures but don't bother cleaning them first. Even at the bargain end of the market first impressions matter. I have seen cars advertised with crisp packets, copies of The Sun, and Maccy-D boxes liberally scattered around the interior. It suggests laziness and makes a prospective buyer wonder how much care the oily bits have received.
AO Platinum Member
That's properly nice that is..

Now how could I drive that back from Edinburgh to the Land that Time Forgot...

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

good , scrap