Hello and advice - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 29-11-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Hello and advice

Hello all,

First post here on Alfaowner.com ( have managed to put this in the welcome forum as well, doh)

I am looking for a bit of advice. My GTV TB is suffering from an odd knocking from what seems to be the offside front. Its quite a heavy knock that is present when going over bumps. I have changed the droplinks and wishbones but with no success of curing the rattle.
Recently, another symptom has developed which is a clutch judder also accompanied by a heavy rattle( I cannot be sure this is the same knock/rattle as mentioned before) Anyway, the rear mounting for the engine definitely needs replacing but I am a little unsure as to what part to order. Looking on the eper catalogue it is a little bit vague and not the sort of part I was expecting to change. I would have expected both sides of a rubber mount to be bolted in somehow, however, from the diagrams it appears to be just a pad? eper part number 60609507

Has anyone changed one of these before?
Any help and advice greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Re: Hello and advice

The part you have pictured is fixed to the subframe by the two bolts either side, but the bolt through the middle is huge and screws right through into a captive fixing on the other side.
Re: Hello and advice

welcome to AO dude....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider