OE hose clamps. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 16-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Devon
OE hose clamps.

The person who decided to fit these to our cars needs shooting. Total waste of a morning trying to release them with a screwdriver. Looks like I'm going to have to remove the entire air intake just to get access to the heater matrix pipes.

Rant over. Just having one of those days
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Surrey
Depends which ones you are referring to but if its the ones with a little ridge holding the intake pipes then you need one of these-then it takes about 5 secs to remove and fit them

Otherwise use a minitool to grind them off and replace with jubilee clips. be careful not to damage the piping though!
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
Personally I like those OE hose clips, look far neater than jubilee clips with their ugly strip of unused adjustment strip hanging out from them, very easy to remove/replace using the correct and cheap tool, not likely to go rusty, plus far less likely to damage the hoses. I am in the gradual process of removing the jubilee clips that some idiot has fitted to my car with the OE type fittings.

My rant over.
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
All you need to remove them, without the correct tool, is a thin metal rod like a bradawl or a jewellers screwdriver. Stick it in the hole formed by the latch and lift. It really is that easy. I can remove a CLIC clip faster that way than you could do half a turn on a Jubilee clip. I can also refit one with a pair of plumbers grips faster than you could do two turns of a Jubilee clip.

CLICs are a far better solution than anything else. Fast, neat and they exert exactly the correct amount of pressure needed. Depending on the fitting, they also allow expansion with heat which Jubilee style clips don't. They are also made of a high quality stainless steel and don't corrode. What is there not to like about them?
County: Northamptonshire
I have maintained CLIC's on the air intake system but for all oil, water and breather hoses i am using Constant Tension Clamps (CTC) to replace CLIC. No special tools required only pliers as such are even easier to align and fit or remove.
AO Member
County: West Midlands
I have wondered for years where to get the correct tool for those clamps.... Ta for the heads up.. A set is on its way to me :-)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

clamps , hose