Tyres - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 17-11-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

GTV Lusso

Just about to change to 17" teledials, any feedback on what tyres to have would be grateful.
Sponsored Links
Re: Tyres

AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire

Nankangs are ok for budget tyres, but you can do better if you spend a bit more.. Go for Toyo proxes T1-R or falken fk-452's. The tyres are your only contact with the road, try not to skimp too much.

Last edited by symon; 17-11-06 at 22:26.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Spider

Always liked goodyear eagles myself, good performance and decent longevity. Although I do have Dunlop Sport SP01's on the spider at the minute and they seem pretty good.
AO Member

Member car:

Toyo's win my vote never had any hairy moments whatever the weather.[perhaps i drive like a girl] though mileage may not be great but thats partially down to the fact that my alignment keeps going out.
done about 17k on the backs but on my third set on the front over the same mileage [still plenty of life left in them as only just done] that does include 3 tyres due to alignment problem and one to a nasty kerb.

as a matter of interest what mileage is anyone getting from what tyres?
AO Member
County: Perth and Kinross

Member car:

105 Spider S2

Just changed all four (Costco were doing 20% off on a full set) and am v. happy with the Michelin Pilot sports @ £106 ea, all in, less the 20% offer.

The car has markedly more grip to the extent that it feels a totally different car (and the road noise appears less too), although I don't konw how much of that was due to lower profile incorrect sized tyres being fitted by prev' owner.

If you don't fancy the Michelin's then the Goodyear Eagles always score well in comparison tests and various other threads too.

Incidentally, I found the service provided by Costco first class and they appeared to take a genuine interest, the Supv asking me to pop by to let me know how I found them compared to the ones removed.

ps If Costco offer ended then try www.mytyres for good prices.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider