GTV Service items - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 04-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa GTV V6

GTV Service items

Hi folks
I'm a complete duffer when it comes to mechanical stuff - but I'm determined that this year that is going to change! As a starter for 10 I am going to attempt a full service on my 62,000 mile GTV 3.0.

Anyone got a handy list of what I need, and part numbers etc? Or recommendations for the service parts?

Also - does anyone have one of those workshop manual things on a disc?

Am I mental?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Stockholm
As far as a full service goes are you including engine coolant, transmission oil and diff oil changes as well?

For starters though, you will need these filters;
Air Filter - Alfa Romeo Ersatzteile - Italia Ricambi - Luftfilter Alfa Romeo GTV / Spider 3.0 - 3.2 V6 24V (916) 60623350
Oil Filter - Alfa Romeo Ersatzteile - Italia Ricambi - Oelfilter Alfa Romeo GTV V6/Turbo (916) FGO1005 / 46805830

Then regarding engine oil; Alfa recommend 10W60 (at least for the TS) however most here (and my mechanic) seem to suggest that a good quality synthetic 5W40 should do just fine. Originally Alfa suggested 10W40 semi-synthetic (iirc) so that would be fine as well. However I personally use 5W40 Shell Helix Ultra engine oil and have found it to be superb. I would only opt for the 10W60 if you go through lots of oil.

Little tip; be careful when opening the screw on the bottom of the oil sump as I have heard that it is rather fragile and you can completely destroy your sump if you tighten the screw too much or use too much force to remove a stuck screw.

Hopefully that sets you off in the right direction anyways.

2000 Alfa 156 Sportwagon 2.0 TS CF3

2002 Alfa GTV 2.0 TS CF3
1983 Porsche 944
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire
there is a oem oil and filter kit on ebay for the v6 just over 20, also pm 00alfa andy im sure he was doing full service kits
AO Member
County: Greater London
I ordered an air filter for my 3.0 V6 but my garage said it was the wrong one. Are there 2 versions of air filter for the 3.0l.

I'll be attempting a master slave cylinder replacement this weekend so will compare the air filters once in there.

BQF - Hope the service goes well.
AO Member
County: Glamorgan
Originally Posted by nelo1110 View Post
I ordered an air filter for my 3.0 V6 but my garage said it was the wrong one. Are there 2 versions of air filter for the 3.0l.
Some websites incorrectly and confusingly identify the part number for 2.0 TS engines as being suitable for 3.0 6V 24V engines. There is a difference in length of approx 25mm (1 inch) between the two air filters. The previous owner to my car made the same mistake. He told me he had just changed the oil and filters when he sold the car to me. It was the last place I looked at when diagnosing poor performance issues with the car.
  • Pt No 60603977 for 2.0 TS (258 mm long)
  • Pt No 60623350 for 3.0 6V (283 mm long)

The important dimension is the length. Again websites quote slight differences but as long as it is 283 mm approx it will be ok.
You need Pt No 60623350

I got mine from Alfa Workshop. I notice they also have another part number 71754085 for the 2.0 TS

Last edited by P3rksy; 04-03-14 at 19:57.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , items , service