Cam sensor question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Cam sensor question

Hi to all having just done a camshaft sensor replacement on a ph1 2.0ltr twinspark I am having an error code still showing that it has a short.
If the ring on the back of the exhaust pulley had a ding in it would this cause the ground / positive error code ? If the ring made physical contact with the sensor whilst spinning
It idles a bit lumpy also but when I remove the idle control valve connector it settles down
Is it possible that the wiring for the idle control is connected to the camshaft sensor in some way other than ECU or just mere coincidence.
Regards as always
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Spider 2000

I should think you'd notice a horrible noise if it made contact with the camshaft pulley. The wiring may be the problem as it routes behind the inlet pulley and out of the back of the head assembly underneath the airbox. Could this be rubbing against the inlet pulley?
You should be able to unplug the connector easily and measure with an ohm-meter to see if it really is shorted.
AO Gold Member
County: Kent
Remove the icv and give it a good clean with a solvent spray. It also often responds to a sharp tap with the handle of a screw driver! (Really!)

I have a cam shaft sensor fault as well but on the Ph1 it makes no difference to the running of the car. I will change the sensor next belt change just to clear the fault light.
Thanks fellas will have a look at the weekend
AO Silver Member
County: -
which fault code is it?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

cam , question , sensor