smiles per gallon - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 09-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire

Member car:

GTV ts phase 2

smiles per gallon

I filled the GTV with some rubbish and took it to our local recycling center the other day, and as the wife was unloading rubbish bags from the rear seats i popped the boot and began to take out some bags from the boot.

One of the workers, a young lad of about 19, wearing a high vis jacket says to me,
"what is it mate?"
"just general non re-cycle-able rubbish" i replied.
"No, not that" he says pointing to the rubbish bags in my hand
he points to the car and says "i mean that"

as the boot lid was up, he couldn't make out what type of car it was, but knew that it was something special. he had a good look around, whilst we unloaded the car, then said "nice" and wandered off!

funny how young lads of today, wont remember these great cars when they were a common sight on our roads.

lets hear your smiles per gallon stories.
Sponsored Links
I take mine to local car shows. As they are usually bereft of Spiders/gtv's, they tend to get a lot of attention & interest.
AO Member
County: Queensland
Went on a recent AROCA Qld day run and when we stopped for coffee at Budrim a fellow Alfisti in a 33 came over to look at my Storm. Seems he came only to see her and didn't participate.

On a better note, let the wife drive her a bit. "Happy Wife, Happy Life"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121028_154752.jpg (114.7 KB, 3 views)
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
Last autumn parked the Spider along side a stream in a Cotswold tourist "hot spot", as it was a fine day I left the roof down.
Walking back after a coffee with the good lady I noticed a crowd of people around the car, I thought someone had crashed into her but no, it was 7 Japanese tourists ( all young girls!!).
With the obvious good manners, they were waiting for my return before they took some pic's.
They were delighted when I said "would you like to sit inside" and spent a good 10 mins chatting and taking there photo's.

"If Everything is Under Control, Your Not Going Fast
Enough". Mario Andretti
AO Member
County: Essex
Been Alfa-less since September when my 166 V6 went to Portugal and the Spider TS to heaven.. Done 6000 miles in a Mercedes 270 CDI CLK since then and not smiled once.. Picked up a GTV TS on Thursday, drove home without indicators or music (and a few other gremlins...). It was poring down, dark and a miserable evening.. Guess what? I WAS SMILING.
AO Silver Member
County: Dorset
Went to Classics at the Castle in Sherborne last year, (as an exhibitor). This was a celebration of 100 years of Aston Martin and 50 years of Porsche but my Cup had a steady appreciation of intrested people all day long. !!!!!!!
AO Member
County: Devon
Went shopping for a new car with my mate's wife on saturday (she bought a Qashqai). The dealer spent ages admiring the spider and admitted to adoring Alfas. He reckons good Spiders and GTVs could be a smart investment if looked after.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gallon , smiles