Fitting a GSM GPS tracker help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 02-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Spider 97 TS

Fitting a GSM GPS tracker help

Hi Guys,

Ive bought myself a gps tracker (very cheap but works really well) and about to fit it. But i would like most of the extras to work too on it. So just to track its 12v + and - but i want to go the full hog. So it can:-
1) Cut out the engine
2) Set a 12v alarm off or horn if moved from the home or a distance from where you have parked the car
3) Engine cut out from the phone ( dont worry you can set a speed so for instance they can drive until they reach 10, 20 or 30 mph and then it would cut out)

So what do i need
12v + and - always live
12v acc
and some way of cutting the engine using the supplied 45A relay.

What i was thinking:-

Placing the unit (about credit card size and match box thick) somewhere by the battery with the gps aerial and GSM aerial on the bulk head)

I was thinking of splitting the fuel pump power from the relay by the battery (not sure which one!!) and placing the Tracker relay there.

Now my cigarette lighter is always live (which i was quite shocked about as it is illuminated but the bulb has gone) there are two 12v + there but live all the time.

But i always drive round with lights on and i've found a wire i think will do its the adjustment one of the main headlight dip that only comes on when i put power to the car so was thinking of using that one.

The tracker has battery back up too so if they were to disconnect the battery everything would still work.

Can anybody think of a better way please by the way my centre console is totally off for frocking so have quite a bit of access for the next week.

Last edited by klakka; 02-02-14 at 20:47.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

fitting , gps , gsm , tracker