Never thought I'd
say "I love
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom
I have got this from another thread, looks like fun!!!!
1) You can barely get your hand down the back of the rear head. I removed the ECU, disconnected the top engine mount and dragged the engine forward (maybe just 1 cm) with a cargo strap connected just after the throttle body to a point near the passenger side headlight. This made it just barely possible...
2) My lambda socket is only just long enough to take the sensor and cable without damage, but once fitted there is no room at all to fit the ratchet, T bar or whatever due to the firewall. No chance of fitting it with the ratchet already in place either...
3)...so took the front passenger wheel off, hoping to reach it that way, no chance!
4) Tried a straight open end 22mm spanner, the angle is wrong to get any purchase on the lambda and the manifold is not flat so gets in the way...failed.
5) Searched toolbox and found I had a 22mm offset ring spanner. Only way to fit that was to chop off the lambda's connector and thread the spanner down the cable, so did so...guess that's my last chance of getting any recompense from messrs Bosch....
6) Did that and after much swearing got it in position and managed to loosen it...Result!