I've just fixed my ashtray in a 1999 GTV 3.0 6V 24V
Should be common across all models I would have thought.
Not sure if the fix already exists within the forum so here it is just in case.
• Screwdriver, Flat
• 3mm Hexagonal Key (Allen)
• Pen Knife
• Nose Pliers
• Superglue (Loctite)
• Epoxy Resin, 2 Part (Araldite)
• Paper Clip
This method assumes the Gear Rack on the Ashtray Cover has snapped off and the Ashtray Cover is not fitted to the Ashtray Housing.
REPAIR GEAR RACK
01. Superglue Gear Rack back to Ashtray cover.
02. Superglue snippet(s) of paperclip across the break as shown. Strengthen with Epoxy Resin. Set aside and allow 24 hours cure time. See Photo 1
03. Eject Ashtray as follows:
3.1. Ashtray Cover, fitted. Eject by pushing the Ashtray Cover towards the passenger seat. See Photo 2
3.2. Ashtray Cover, not fitted. Depress Ashtray Ejector Mechanism using flat blade screwdriver.REMOVE ASHTRAY HOUSING
04. Remove 3mm Hex Skt Hd Screw and Washer from bottom of Ashtray Housing.
05. Lift Ashtray Housing from centre console.
06. Disconnect Led Light.
REMOVE GEAR WHEEL HOUSING
07. Insert thin bladed penknife between Gear Wheel Housing and Ashtray Housing. See Photo 3
08. From inside the Ashtray Housing push the Gear Wheel Housing outwards whilst prising the Ashtray Housing apart to clear two retaining lugs on the Gear Wheel Housing.
REFIT ASHTRAY COVER
09. Refit Ashtray Cover into Ashtray Housing.
09.1. The repaired LH side of the Ashtray Cover will be weaker than the RH side which will withstand more flexing. Therefore, locate hole in Gear Rack on to LH side spigot first before locating the RH spigot.
10. Connect Spring Clip to rear of Ashtray Cover.
10.1. This is a fiddly procedure and awkward to describe. You may have to work it out yourself.
10.2. Pass a small pair of nose pliers through the Gear Wheel Housing aperture and grip the Spring Clip.
10.3. Pass the Spring Clip across the face of the Gear Rack towards the back of the Ashtray Housing. See Photo 4
10.4. Move the Ashtray Cover to the fully open position and hook the Spring Clip to the back of the Ashtray Cover. See Photo 5REFIT ASHTRAY
11. Refit the Ashtray into the Ashtray Housing.
DETERMINE ASHTRAY COVER CLOSED POSITION
12. Position 0
. Looking at the Gear Wheel, turn Gear Wheel counter clockwise (CCW) at least one revolution until it stops.
13. Position 1 (PUSH to Close)
. Turn Gear Wheel clockwise (CW) until it stops.
14. Position 2 (Closed)
. Turn Gear Wheel CCW until it stops, approx 1 to 2 teeth.
15. Position 3 (PUSH to Open)
. Turn Gear Wheel CW until it stops, approx 1 to 2 teeth.
16. Position 0
. Turn Gear Wheel CCW back to start.
REFIT GEAR WHEEL HOUSING
17. Set Gear Wheel to Position 1
18. Close Ashtray Cover beyond flush until it touches the top of the Ashtray, and hold. Position 1
19. Refit Gear Wheel Housing ensuring the Gear Wheel meshes correctly with the Gear Rack.
20. Release hold of the Ashtray Cover.
21. Ashtray Cover will return to Closed position. Position 2
22. PUSH Ashtray Cover to Open. Position 3