My little toy - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 22-12-13 Thread Starter
County: Bucuresti
My little toy

Hy there guys,i'm new to this forum and also a new owner for my '01 GTV .. it has a 2.0 Ts engine wich needs a bit of repairing .. but that's not the main concern .

I was hoping that there is someone here with a lot more experience then me good,so i've got a few other plans made for the car , i want to facelift it .. and i read online that the bonnet that i need is kinda rare .. i found one for sale .. but i was hoping to get either a second-hand one .. or fully carbon ,reason beeing is that i also want to make the facelit out of carbon fiber ( bonnet , front bumper , and the small fenders , also the trunk door but that's another story ..)

i'm a car enthusiast ,i realy am :P but i don't want to get ripped off by someone with a bad buy ,

Cheers and beers
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Carlow
Please don't facelift it. Its plug ugly
AO Member
County: Suffolk

Member car:

2000 V6

The costs involved to make a bonnet would be massive. Replacing a Ph2 front end with a Ph3 bonnet & bumper can be done but why? The Ph3 style of front end works better with other Alfas (Brera, 159 etc) because of the more aggressive headlights which completes the look. I would spend your money on other upgrades: suspension, engine, brakes, seats etc. Only my opinion though!
The cost of doing a proper carbon fibre bonnet would be really expensive but not as expensive as the the carbon fibre mould you would need making first.
I work with carbon fibre in an F1 environment and it would be cheaper to buy an 8C
I'm assuming you mean a proper carbon bonnet not one layer of carbon backed up by some glass fibre and ending up heavier than the original bonnet moulding.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider