Hello everyone, it's my first time posting on here.
My GTV (which has 55k miles on itand was built in 2000) has developed said whistling /high pitched noise quite some time ago and I have checked several things already.
The noise appears while standing or driving.
It only happens wenn the throttle flap is fully closed and the engine revs are over 2000
(Probably between ~2800 and 2000 to be more exact.) and declining.
What I already checked:
- removed the covers of the cambelt, had the engine running and someone reving to check, noise doesn'come from pulleys or tensioners
- checked the vacuum line of the master brake cylinder,
- checked vacuum lines to and from the active carbon reservoir on the right side,
- checked every other vacuum line connected to the intake manifold,
- intake rubber had holes, but was replaced, noise still the same.
Additional info: A/C is not working, system is empty. All exhaust gaskets are good.
While testing all those with the engine running, it seemed to me that the noise originates somewhere close to the alternator.
As I could not really locate where the noise comes from I'm hoping someone might have had a similar problem.