Slight missfire - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 21-07-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

98-s Spider

Slight missfire

Hi all, Just bought my 1st Alfa, a spider (98-S-reg with 88,000) it has a full history and had its belts changed Dec 2003 @ 68,000.

The car is great and goes very well. But last night I experienced what can only be describes as a miss fire. Was driving through town 20-30 mph and when I put my foot down to accelerate it started juddering. coughung and splutering!

Later in thte night was driving home and the same thing hapened but for a lot longer. It seems to be from low revs - 1500-3000 rpm.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? or even better what needs to be done to fix it?

Other problems seem to be air con does not work and in fact makes the car warmer. Going to re gas it and hope that works.

Got quite a loud squeal coming from the front off side wheel but not under breaking. Wheel brearing?

Any help would be greatly apprieciated

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

GT Blackline JTD

Re: Slight missfire

Not sure about your misfire, but if your wheel bearings are going it's more of a vibration that you feel through the pedals and bulkhead that you notice coupled with a drone. If you gently move the steering from left to right it will came and go and this will help identify which bearing is at fault.
AO Member

Member car:

Gtv 2.0 TS Lusso

Re: Slight missfire

The missfire could possibly be one of the oxygen sensors making the mixture too lean.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

missfire , slight