Boot lid alignment..? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-07-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GTV

Boot lid alignment..?

I wonder whether anyone else has had a similar problem to this; my boot lid doesn't sit flush to the quarter panels and by this i mean on the left hand side - as you look at it - the top of the boot lid sits about 2-3mm lower then the left hand quarter panel and on the right hand side it sits about the same measure above the quarter panel.

I notice that the gas cylinder mechanism for lifting the boot is situated on the right hand side and on the left it's just bracketed so i'm hoping it's just a case of adjusting the arms that attach the lid to the main body of the car in order to correct the way the boot lid sits.

A far worse scenario would be that it is as a result of a bump in the past although there's nothing to suggest this as the gap spacing between both quarter panels and the boot lid are even.

The HPI check was clear although this only covers insurance related work.

There's no sign of damage on either quarter panel so i'm at a loss to understand how this could have happened.

I'm getting more paranoid by the hour so your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is it a mechanics job or a body shop gig?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 156 164

Re: Boot lid alignment..?

Panel gaps on Alfas are never the best, this sounds like something that could be adjusted out....
Re: Boot lid alignment..?

know a good panel shop..theyll sort it

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alignment , boot , lid