I've given up. After spending close to 10k on this car, I've had enough. I know I have said it before and I should have cut my losses but I can't be bothered anymore.
Spent £1800 at Autolusso last year, more money at Autostilo, more money with another mechanic (spent £250 or so) and a further £800 bill just came in.
Car is the spec I always wanted: V6 with Teles, Aereo pack, Tan leather and stainless exhaust. It has 4 months tax, mot until Jan 2014(which I am confident it will pass).
Car currently with Autolusso (until saturday). Please call them and ask about it (Gio's car). Probably better if you speak to James as Ned is upset.
It still has a few niggles which are not too bad for an enthusiast but far too much for me to get them fixed at Ned (windows need adjusting - 5 hours labour quoted, rear demister fix to be applied, aircon needs a look at).
Basically either break it, fully knowing all bits are good and most are new (you could even send them back!) or just tidy it up. Paintwork is straight and polishes up well but I was budgeting for a respray in the future.
I don't want to break it as I'm not in the uk.
Viewings on weekends in West London. Can be driven away with no issues. please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I dont have pics with the Tan but I can get them to you if you want after Saturday...otherwise all my pics of the project here:
GTV V6 by g330_19 | Photobucket
Where you can see how it looked when I first got it and all the work that went into it afterwards including some pics of how she cleaned up (which is the cover pic).
*SPARE ENGINE, SPARE CALIPERS WITH SEAL KIT, COILS AND OTHER BITS AND PIECES AVAILABLE SEPARATELY* - £200
=============READ IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BUY A GTV THAT HASN'T BEEN MAINTAINED ============
Easier to tell you about the parts that I didn't replace:
5. Front suspension and mounts
The rest is all new (apart from second hand tan leather interior in v good condition and few other bits &bobs which were quality 2nd hand) - including:
1. 60k engine from Autolusso south (even though nothing wrong with original execpt for previous mechanics snapping off the bolts of the water-pump introducing air into the system leading me to think it was headgasket failure)
2. front AND rear suspension fully stripped to bare metal, zinc primed, hammerited and waxoiled (twice)
3. New Rear droplinks, fully polybushed apart from good rear rose joint, new rear kyb gas struts, rear subframe removed cleaned new brake pipes fitted and re-fitted, rear wisbones professionally welded (j&r engineering) and re-painted.
4. New silicon intake hose
5. New front oil cooler
6. Plugs, cambelt with tensioners done less than 6k ago in late 2011
5. New clutch from Valeo (eurocar parts)
6. New brake master, clutch master, clutch slave
7. New antenna
8. new wiper stalks
9. new lockset with the 4 brand new keys
10. New lambdas
11. Stainless steel exhaust from cat back
12. New cat
13. Replaced exhaust manifolds (back)
14. New rear discs, abs sensors, abs pump
15. Front original wishbones, droplinks
16. New oil cooler, second hand good condition oil cooler pipes, thermostat
17. New rocker cover gaskets
18. Alternator from 60k engine from autolusso
19. Every single part, underneath, stripped down to bare metal re-sprayed and then coated with two sessions of waxoil
20. New door seal thingies (at £20 each)
21. New window washer spray bar
22. New rhs hub flange
23. New radiator (even though it wasn't needed)
24. New waterpump
25. £150+VAT spent at Pyrtek getting new powersteering pipes re-manufactured
26. New exhaust heatshields for the back
27. Good second-hand coils installed
28. Bought a second pair of calipers, removed oxydations, installed new screws + new shims.
29. New Steering gaiters
30. New track rod ends
31. New water bottle
32. *PERFECT* GTV (i think original) black mats
33. New locknuts
34. New Clutch pipe from slave to round compensator
Probably more stuff and apologies for any repeated items