Wanted: 3.0 V6 Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Wanted: 3.0 V6 Spider

I parted with my Phase 2 Spider a few months back, it wasn't the best example, I got it cheap and enjoyed it while I had it. However I knew at some point in the future I'd buy a better one. For the interim I bought a Merc SL R129 convertible as the whole family got to use it but to be honest I've never bonded with it, it pretty much leaves me cold and I'm already hankering after another Spider. This time around I'd like a nice V6 though, be even better if I can trade in the Merc. Doesn't seem to be a lot about at the moment but I'm in no hurry, getting the right car is more important. I don't mind anything needing belt changes etc as I have my own workshop including car lift. Bodywork and interior is more important.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

I have 2001 Silver 3.0 Spider 52,000 miles no supermarket rash, couple of very small stone chips on bonnet and a tiny scratch about 1.5 inches on near side rear bumper. Red leather interior very good but slight depression on driver bolster. Electric hood very good condition. In last 2years had new MAF, thermostat and sensor, new rad and fan resistors cambelt and water pump. Just had new oil cooler and battery. Needs timing properly as I don't think the garage loosened the pulleys after fitting the water pump. It was ok but now the tickover is ragged. Still goes like a train. Nearly new tyres been garaged. Needs new CD cassette as the head no longer sees it. Mot til May, just taxed this month for a year. About to move house sadly must go.

Current stable 3.0 V6 Spider 2.5 V6 156 SW Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium KTM 990 SMT
As Robert the Bruce once said about his Spider "if at first you don't succeed try try again".

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

spider , wanted