manual hood probs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 13-06-06 Thread Starter
manual hood probs

hi all ive had my r reg spider for 2 weeks now and noticed im having problems with the 2 back pins-connectors keeping the back of the roof held down into place.
they keep popping undone its getting annoying am i doing something wrong...i push both corners into place i hear a click but they seem to pop out easily anyone else having this problem ?
Sponsored Links

Member car:

Re: manual hood probs

I've had my Spider a month and as well as having big gaps between my hood and the side panels of the car body I have experienced the back left hand corner popping out. My current method is to clip the front in and go round the back to the side which pops up and slam the hood down hard. It doesn't work if I try it from the other side of the car. I'm booked in at the Alfa garage next Monday so I'll let you know what they say if it helps!
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 14-06-06 Thread Starter

thanks for reply...both of mine pop out ..i went to a hood company today might have to let them have a look at it saturday but i want to see if theres an easy fix ;-P
AO Member

I've had my Spider nearly 2 years and it had a new hood fitted just before I bought it so......I was told to pop the rear pins in first firmly - then stretch the hood forward to engage under the windscreen top bar, using the handle and a staged movement on the handles/hooks. Works for me - might do for you? Also, a bit of WD40 sprayed on an old tooothbrush, then dipped and twisted into the pin receptors helps keep the dust clear too...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

hood , manual , probs