Body work required??? Any Help???? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 05-06-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Help Body work required??? Any Help????

Hi, i have posted in the past about my gtv and how much trouble it has been giving me. After a lot of time and effort i finally put a new engine in the car, changing the cambelt at the same time, and it was working fine. EXCEPT it used to cut out on cold mornings, but once warm was perfectly fine. Anyway, i was leaving the pub one evening and i went to turn right and as i was doping so the car cut out, therefore paralysing the brakes and power steering. Before i knew it i'd hit the back of a lorry on the passenger side. The damage wasnt too bad, (bonnet + bumper) but where the bumper mounts onto the chassis it was bent slightly. I know it will need to go on a jig to fully restore it to how it was, but the only problem is I cant find anyone within 150 miles who does jig work. I know there must be someone but I cant seem to find them. I live in ilford, essex, and i desperately need to get this fixed. Can anyone let me know where i could maybe get some jig work done locally. Let me know, thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: Body work required??? Any Help????

Do you definitely need some jig work, or are youjust assuming you will? I'd take it to your favourite bodyshop and let them sort out what needs doing (they'll know a jog place, if required, I would have thought).

Ralf S.
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

to many

cant help with the jig as i'm to far away but cutting out sounds like the temp sender for the injection. When the engine is cold the engine cant meter the fuel correctly, so it runs week you get flat spots and cutting out - its a cheep fix.
AO Member

who told you jig work was necessary?

I know a fair bit about that sort of thing and the part of the car isn't strictly speaking structural, in that the geometry of the suspension is not affected by that area, most if not all body shops would strip the car and "massage" it back into place with either a very large hammer or a portable ram pack...

hope this helps.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

body , required , work