Weird noise from left rear GTV 916 v6 - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Stockholm
Originally Posted by Mr PheR View Post
I don't think we are hearing the same thing mate. I have read of a whining noise from the rear being the petrol pump if it helps.
I haven't used them before but i have mostly heard good things...the guys in Kent town right?
Yep they're the ones! Peter (the owner) is a nice bloke. Very helpful with any questions you might have and their communication is excellent. They come highly recommended (Peter is an Alfa Club SA life member) so for anything serious I take my baby there. Otherwise I'll take it to my local indie if its just a general fix or non-Alfa specific concern as Eurosport are pretty pricey @ $120p/h. But then again, they do good work and I know that once they fix it, its fixed. Unlike some others I have had the displeasure of dealing with with previous cars

And yea I suspected the fuel pump. Once exams are out the way I'll probably take a more serious look at the issue.

Hopefully yours gets resolved and isn't anything major!

2000 Alfa 156 Sportwagon 2.0 TS CF3

2002 Alfa GTV 2.0 TS CF3
1983 Porsche 944
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 27 Old 23-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South Australia
Originally Posted by pkr View Post
One of the things could have a leak. You could discount a leak by removing the fuel filler cap after you've heard this hissing noise. If the cap releases pressure when you undo it, the system is pressurised and you probably don't have a leak. Also, if the vapour recovery system was leaking, I'd expect to smell fuel in the car.
Ok, i might try this test out too. I dont smell fuel in the car though. curiouser and curiouser

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

916 , gtv , left , noise , rear , weird