Look for a 1999 to pre-March 2001 model and then you pay cheaper car tax, as not done on the emissions change over - I pay £205 for the year, which is less than my Saab 2.2 TiD !! Should be fairly free of rust, but the floor pan and seals should be buzzed over, waxoyld and under body sealant renewed for total peace of mind. I paid £120.00 all inclusive to have this done.
Whatever you pay, budget more money to get it put through the workshops and allow £1K per annum for maintenance.
Few more items to bear in mind when reviewing history..
- Front / Rear Shocks (Fronts are quite pricey but I have found Magnetti Marelli one's for £76.00 each) OEM one's cost double!
- MAF would normally been replaced and possible Throttle Controller
- Water pump and idlers to have been replaced on latest belts change, along with spark plugs and cam gaskets
- Clutch good for up to 120K - if it feels very heavy or revs more than you are going then its a new cluch = £600 for GTA spec conversion
Nice to have..
- Q2 Diff
- Ragazzon / Wizard / Alfaholics exhaust (Quad is the one to have - looks and sounds sooo good)
- Poly Bushed
- Suspension Upgrade
- Winter Pack = Electric Leather Seats with additional lateral support, very desirable option
Personally wouldn't want a sunroof, cuts you interior head room and of course, something else to go wrong.
1999 GTV - PH2 3.0 V6 - Vela Blue - 'Blue Style Momo' - Aero Pack
GTA Clutch, PH3 Alloys, Ragazzon Quad DTM, Koni SR-T, Powerflex Bushes
Last edited by PJ3074; 02-10-13 at 12:54.