Spider Hood/Window adjustment - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 23-03-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dorset
Wave Spider Hood/Window adjustment

After laying down the deposit for my first spider last week I finally picked her up today - what a beauty! Only got to drive her home so far though cos i'm having the cambelt replaced tomorrow (overdue) and im paranoid that if I tempt fate and take her out beforehand it'll snap and all hell will break lose!

Anyway, to the point of the thread...

On the driver's side, when the window is up and the door opened/closed the top catches slightly on the frame of the hood, meaning that when the door is shut the window is pushed out leaving about a 1mm gap between the glass and the seal. Is this because the window sits too high or the hood sits too low? The frame only overlaps the window by about 1mm so its only a very minor alteration (hopefully) that needs to be done.

If the window is too high, has a rubber stopper or something popped out? If so how do i fix it?

If the hood is too low, how is it adjusted?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Spider Hood/Window adjustment

Welcome to the Spider owners club

We have the same problem....the windows have tendancy to keep riding up over time and will rub agaisnt the roof lining at the corners

The later models of spider had an automatic window shuffle which lowered the window slightly when you opened the door etc so you did not get the rub.

Alfa quoted me £150 to adjust the windows for me back to where they were....BUT they said i may get more wind noise...great huh!

Good luck with it....soon be nice enough to take the roof off anyhoo
AO Platinum Member
County: -

I have a slight scuffing on both sides, where the window closes onto the seals.

It should be a minor adjustment as you say, but maybe a strip down of the door to make it right.

Do you have water ingress or wind noise at any speed?

My new habit is opening the windows a jot and then closing them when I'm sat in the car, after shutting the doors. It makes a much better seal.

...and where are the photos Mike!!

(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 27-03-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dorset

Ive had a browse through the Spider technical repair manual and it seems that the vertical height of the window can be adjusted once the door panel is off. I'll have a go as soon as the weather cheers up so I can take it apart on the driveway (not a lot of room in the garage as usual!)

Currently I do the same, put the window down and up once im in the car - so I dont have any wind noise or water ingress issues. Ive found that if I push against the window slightly when I shut the door (when leaving the car) it moves the window enough so it doesnt catch on the hood and seals properly. Obviously not ideal but a quick fix for now!

20V - I'll get some piccies taken as soon as the bloody rain stops - honest!
It's always the way isnt it - you buy a convertible and then get non stop rain

Member car:

Spider 2.0 TS

at what age was the "shuffle" introduced - when i bought mine i was unsure if it was supposed to or not - !? mine is wearing slightly - the hood lip - but not bad.

asked the dude selling it but he figured it wasnt supposed to do it!? (S -reg)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

adjustment , hood or window , spider