You could always consider one of these for £3,500, as it has got all those important "Cup" class features about it, like you see on the Renault Sport cars etc. Plus, this one is a 2008 example
(in Red, but not Ferrari and come to think of it, not even in Alfa Red either)....
Used NISSAN MICRA 1.2 Acenta+ 3dr for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1382904)
Sorry, could not resist the Jest
In all seriousness, GTV V6 examples from projects at a £1,000 to minters up to £8,000 are all performance car bargains of the Century - bearing in mind that they were North of £28,000+ back in the day.
I personally would prefer to get something like Justin's Cup and spend a couple of grand on it to make it how you want - we all like different things on our cars and to have a good starting platform is the way to go IMO.
Also, as mentioned it's a 12 year old car and maintenance / minor restoration is all part of it I am afraid.
My list to date:-
- Underbody Clean Up, Waxoil and Undersealant
- New Alloys and Tyres
- Machine Polish (but will need a blow over done in the usual places, but fine for now)
- Replacement Exhaust (CAT back) with Stainless Ragazzon Quads
- Manifolds repaired / gaskets
- New Plenum / Engine Rocker Covers / Inlet Pipes and Gaskets
- Full Service + All Belts etc.
- Gearbox, internal Gear Selector with Cables and top hat bushes
- Rear Hand Brake Cables
- Throttle Control Body
- Next Spring > GTA Clutch Upgrade with Single Flywheel
- Next Spring > Rear Calipers, Upgraded Brake Hoses, FF & RR Discs and Pads
- Annual 4 wheel alignment
There is always something to be doing and I'd say my list is pretty reasonable compared to some owners.
Annual maintenance budget for a V6 = £500 to £1,000 (depending upon what's next on your list).