Electric roof - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

Electric roof

This is my first spider and I have only had it for about a week. The roof has always operated fine electricley untill today. The rear screen lifts fine but then the lid for the storage compartment doesn't raise. I have tried the two manual switches but all that happens is the rear screen locating peg screws turn. The other does nothing, you can here the motor working but rear flap does nothing. I have read on here about fluid levels but don't know where that is either.

Any help would be great as somewhat of a novice on this model. 145's seem so much less complicated.

Regards Andy.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset
This is a common problem, in the luggage compartment that holds the battery behind the seats, is a motor that had two cables to release the cover. It's behind the trim panels that form the compartment

Either the motor has a cracked cog or the metal peg that holds the bar that the cables are attached has sheared - I've suffered both problems

A temporary fix is to hit the motor whilst operating the hood

This thread shows how to take off and dismantle the motor

Some have rotated the cog 180 degrees with success. It didn't work for me

I've bought a new cog only this week

There is another thread on here that describes how the adjust the motor so that the motor does not put too much force onto the cog

If the metal peg has sheared, then you need a new or second hand motor or get the peg welded by a competent welder - show him the motor so that the weld is not too big to fit into the motor

PS 145s are less complicated because they are a saloon car and you cannot lower the roof

Last edited by Rich_wookey; 18-07-13 at 21:16.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

electric , roof