Heater fan - doesn't - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-10-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Heater fan - doesn't

...... and then I found the heater fan doesn't work. Nothing. I've checked the fuse under the dash and this ok (swapped the spare 20a fuse for good measure) , and still nothing.

Also, (not related) anyone else had the oil / water heat exchanger corrode through, and the radiator got blocked , so a new one of those - AlfaAid love me !

Sponsored Links
Re: Heater fan - doesn't

What car are we talking about? I'll presume a newer Spider/GTV and then presume further to suggest that perhaps the fastest speed is working? If so you'll need a new thermal resistor, can't remember how much but guess about 30.

If you have NO fan at all then either the fan is nakkered or perhaps there's a relay somewhere. Handbook is in the car so can't check without getting off me backside ....but check yours

AO Member

Member car:

98 GTV 3.0 V6

Re: Heater fan - doesn't

When I got my GTV I took it to Alfa Aid for an inspection. My rad and oil cooler are in good condition which prompted him to ask if they had been replaced. Maybe there's a common fault in there somewhere. Although saying that, I've never heard of anyone who had this go wrong.

Whereabouts in Berkshire are you from Nick?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

fan , heater