Red drivers seat leather (pics) touchup advice please =] - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Powys
Red drivers seat leather (pics) touchup advice please =]

The previous owner did a brilliant job restoring the colour to all the seats but after a couple years or so it's worn off in places on the drivers seat & become very noticeable. I've had a look at a few options, I'm thinking about having a go with scuffmaster. I don't have any experience using leather restoring products but it looks simple enough, though I'm not sure on finding a 'spare' sample of leather from under the seat to send in for colour matching. I've had the back seats out and don't remember any excess that would be ok to chop off, and from what I can see there doesn't appear to be under the front seats either. There is another possibility, they have "156 1999. red." listed in their 'Auto Colour Bank List', might that be the same colour used in 916's of the same year? Anyone here have any experience doing this? Tips, thoughts, & suggestions appreciated

Pics here:

Drivers Seat Leather Slideshow by luvlyjubbly1981 | Photobucket
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Surrey
Send a tiny sample of leather to gliptone and they'll match it perfectly 60 or so will buy you a full dye kit with detailed instructions very easy to apply the key is to take your time and not rush. You should be able to find a small piece at the back of the seat bottom where the edge is tucked in

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

advice , drivers , leather , pics , red , seat , touchup