Fuses... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 13-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2002 GTV 2.0 TS

I have a 2002 twinny and jumped in it the other day and have no aircon or air circulation the led under the heated rear screen switch lights up, but both the green led's under the other two switches don't?

I have a 3 year old daughter who loves to pretend she is driving and so fiddles / twists / switches anything and everything at every available opportunity, so she is currently prime suspect!

Anyway, I had a look at the manual and the 30a (Fuse 3) within the plastic case under the bonnet looks no different to the others, which leads me to think that it is not broken? (Presumably if it had blown it would look different)

I then whipped the plastic cover off to expose the 3 (red) relays? behind the offside headlight and suspect that one of them needs replacing!

As you can probably tell (if you are still reading this post) I am no auto electrician... But wondered if my process of elimination and assumptions seem reasonable sensible? And if so where the best place to get a replacement would be? Is it best to go to a dealer?

Thanks for reading - any help appreciated
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
The fuse in the engine bay is only for the fan itself - not the rest of the heater system.

The HRW LED is a red herring as the switch & LED only live there - they are connected to another device completely.

The relays in the engine bay are also irrelevant.

First thing to check is Fuse F13 on the main fuse box ( below the steering column ). That supplies the climate control ECU.

To check a fuse - look through the slot in the top ( or through the plastic at the side ) and if the metal is not in one piece ( there is a gap ) it has blown.

EDIT : Check your cigarette lighter ( ignition on ) - that also uses F13 and would indicate a blown fuse.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 13-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2002 GTV 2.0 TS

Top man, right on both counts

Had a spare so all sorted, although I should get a replacement for the spare... Presume a dealer is the best place?
Most motor factors stock these
County: -

Member car:

Where are the fuses for the electric hood in an Alfa spider JTS lusso 2004?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider