long term powerflex opinions sought. - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
Given that powerflex have changed to the black series for the outer springpan bush, I'm inclined to think the Lemforder rose joints are the best way forward. The black series bushes are very hard, and there is little compliance in these bushes. I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Both my springpan bushes are the purple series, and have been on for ten years now with no problems, so why have powerflex changed from purple to black?
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 29 Old 12-06-13 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Medio
County: Oxfordshire
no idea on that, could just be to shift some surplus..... seeing as the lemforder bushes are cheap enough, I am going down that route
AO Member
County: No man's land on the Welsh/Shrophire/Cheshire borders
Powerflex not the only polybush producer. Have a Polybush set on my GTV all inner & outers on the lower arms and PowerFlex on the upper wishbones ('cause they were cheep on ebay). The Polybush set come in two different grades of polyurethane (red the harder for spring arms and orange the softer, 3-pairs on shock arm). Polybush are used a lot for Landrovers and commercial vehicles, have alook at their website (Polybush the world leader in Polyurethane Suspension Bushes & Components). Both red & orange are much more compliant than the black Powerflex bushes, no idea how they compare with the purple Powerflex ones.

Had them in for 16k miles only but no problems at all and still look as good as the day they went in.
AO Silver Member
County: Aberdeenshire
Originally Posted by swallow View Post
Now I need to find a source for the full kit for the rear minus the outer springpan bushes and outer transverse arm bushes...including the black inner springpan bushes and the black wishbone bushes - Autolusso gave a keen price on the whole kit earlier today, will give them a call tomorrow to check on the blackness of some of the bushes and see if I can get it minus the aforementioned.
I bought my complete set from Alfisti.net. Mine was powerflexed in the past but with all black bushes, the springpan inners were too big and jacked in place and the top arms weren't done.

My plan is to replace the transverse arm bushes with purple bushes, replace the inner springpan bushes only and keep hold of the upper arm bushes untill i need them. The bushes that i don't need and any that i remove that are in good condition i will re-sell.

Originally Posted by Spider95 View Post
There's been a lot of chat about ARBs on the TS. The front ARB is 22mm, but the Fiat Coupe is 23mm and fits perfectly. Powerflex do bushes for these. The problem is the rear ARB. With the front uprated, leaving the rear standard may promote understeer - not desirable. Alfaholics do an uprated ARB at 26mm, but I think that's going too far. And will this affect the the passive rear steering?
I think uprating the rear ARB too much will definately affect the rear wheel steering. Given that it works on the suspension angle i would imagine both rear wheels would steer inwards towards the middle of the car (increase toe-in) when the whole of the rear is compressed evenly.

Alfa GT 3.2 V6 - Daily Driver.
Alfa 145 QV ph1 in green (Death by rust project) For Sale.
Alfa GTV TS ph2 in blue

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

long , opinions , powerflex , sought , term