Faulty Fuel Gauge Fixed 3 times! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help Faulty Fuel Gauge Fixed 3 times!

Has anybody else had a problem with faulty fuel gauge readings in their GTV? I've just collected my GTV for the 3rd time and it's still not fixed. What is wrong with this dealership!? My car is still under warranty (38,000:100,000). The first time they "sanded down the contact points" which wasn't successful. They then replaced the sender unit on the second visit. Now they've replaced the supposed faulty sender unit and this one seems to be faulty too!!! Has anybody got any ideas? I think they're looking in the wrong place for a start! Is there a computer which electronically controls the fuel gauge reading? HELP!!!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Faulty Fuel Gauge Fixed 3 times!

i don't think there is an type of computer involved, it's just like most other cars, a gauge,sender & wires/connectors.
if all the wires/connections are ok and 'new' senders have been tried then maybe it's the gauge?
the other unlikely option that i can think of is that the tank is full of crap which is sticking to the sender.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

faulty , fixed , fuel , gauge , times