Up grade to front speakers. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 27-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cornwall

Member car:

Up grade to front speakers.

I would like to upgrade the front speakers but ideally want something that will fit under the standard covers so that i can keep the look of the car standard(how i like it!). Any info welcome.

I also saw a kit that looks like it allows the standard stereo to be connected to an ipod, is this correct and how difficult is it to do? Again i don't really want to remove the stereo as i like to keep things looking factory..............but feel free to suggest an stereos that are subtle,have good sound and have ipod/mp3 connectivity.

Thanks in advance Shelly.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
You can use adaptors like these

to fit 130mm speakers.

However, I just cut two bits of 18mm MDF to size ( 12mm will also do ). Use the standard speaker to cut the basic shape of the MDF adaptor and to position the mounting holes. Then, cut a circular aperture in the MDF for the new 130mm speaker. Give the MDF a good few coats of paint ( MDF does not do damp conditions well! ) and fit the new speakers into the adaptor. Then screw the adaptors into the doors. Cheaper and much better than the thin plastic of the adaptors I linked to above.

To keep the wiring standard, you can buy these to fit between the car's wiring and the new speakers

It is possible to fit 5"x7" speakers in the holes without modifying the car, but typically the new speakers will have to be modified a bit. 6"x8" is also possible but requires modification to the car.
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

1996 gtv 2.0 TS

Shelly hi. Kenwood do good 5 x 7 speakers which i put in my gtv. a bit of the door card needs to be cut away. They sound lush for an easy install but just dont take to much base as the whole door shakes lol
AO Member
County: Monmouthshire

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

front , grade , speakers