Another Bloody ECU/OBD/Airbag Reset Thread! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Steve_Street View Post

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm sure well find a solution!
One random thing to make sure is are the wires on the ECU connector actually wired up to match the lead?

I've just tested my ABS ECU and discovered that the wires from the diagnostic port are not wired in the same order as shown in the workshop manual.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Leicestershire
I'm assuming you've all opened the settings withing multiscan and clicked on 'find interface' while your cable is connected to the laptop but not plugged into the car. Also, have you lowered the latency settings, this often helps.

I have it installed on 4 laptops and never had a single problem its been pretty much plug and play every time. I use the cables from 'buy-me-from-dan' on eBay.

Here's the link to the thread I created for solving the airbag light on a 156, should be fairly similar for other models. It may be of use to some of you.. For all your valeting and detailing needs.
AO Member
County: Greater London
I have just diagnosed then reset the airbag light on my PH2 916 Spider. I bought this cable: and used it with a standard Windows 7 PC. I plugged the USB end into the PC which it detected as a new device. I then let it go and find the driver using Windows Update which it installed successfully. I then downloaded the free version of FIATECUScan.
I didn't have to make any changes to latency, it worked out of the box. What I would say is be careful when finding the COM port Windows allocates to the device. Mine ended up being COM12 for some reason. A suggestion would be to have a look through the Ports ( COM & LPT ) using Windows Device Manager without the cable plugged in ( following a reboot ), then again once the cable is plugged in; the COM port you need is the one that wasn't there the first time.
Like a lot of people I found the ECU was moaning about open circuit connectivity problems so I chopped off the connecting plug under the seats, and used a block terminal and lots of tape! I then did a reset and the light obligingly went out.
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire
You bought a cable from a good seller. A bad earth can also cause the open circuit issue.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

airbaghelp , bloody , ecu or obd or airbag , ecufix , kkl or vagcom , multiecuscan , reset , thread