Which spider TS or JTS ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 14-08-05 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
Which spider TS or JTS ?

I'm thinking of buying a spider, I may be able to stretch to a JTS. Is the JTS more reliable than the TS, I know of the problems with TS, such as cambelts,variators etc and using oil,but I have not heard much about the reliabillity of the JTS engine. Also is the powered roof on the JTS still electro/hydraulic or just electric.
Does anyone know of an independent dealer in or around Cheshire that can look after my perspective purchase. I know Mangoletsi are good but they also know how to charge.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
Re: Which spider TS or JTS ?

Can't relate your question directly to Spiders, but my JTS has been OK apart from an electrical glitch which required new Lamda sensors and eventually a new Cat. It was fixed under warranty and I have no problem with that.
The JTS doesn't have the great exhaust sound of the TS, it's OK, but not great, it does have noticably more torque at low revs as well.
Personally I would have thought what would be more important as far as the Spider goes is the visual differance. I prefer the old shape rather than the new big nosed version.
AO Silver Member
Re: Which spider TS or JTS ?

I'd agree with velocemitch and again although the jts has more power it dosen't have the sound or character of the twinspark, that said the earlier 155bhp twinsparks are nicer imo than the later 150bhp drive by wire engines although these are silky smooth, especially with an autodelta remap.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

jts , spider