GTV bits everywhere
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Lumpy Idle - what next? ECU reset?
A healthy V6 with power throughout the whole range; however at idle it is a little lumpy. Revs sit about 6-700, the dash lights can be seen to slightly flicker/dim when idling. Today I cleaned out the idle control actuator and the MAF but no change, also checked all hoses for leaks (all pretty much brand new). Has anyone used this ecu reset procedure to any degree of success? (procedure copied from another interesting thread!)
1. Disconnect the negative lead from the battery for a minimum of 45 minutes. Some people recommend overnight but that is not really necessary.
2. Reconnect the battery negative lead
3. Put key in ignition, turn to MAR and leave for 90 secs
4. Turn off the ignition, but not remove the key and leave for 90 secs
5. Start the engine but do not touch the throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins otherwise the car will not rev freely afterwards (as V6 owners know at their peril)
6. Turn the car off and leave for 10 mins
7. Start the car and take her for a blast
As said the engine runs sweet so do not believe there is a timing issue.