My 1st experience was GREAT! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
My 1st experience was GREAT!

Well, we went to collect out grey & red spiderlady today from Watford. (Train journey from Bury st edmunds labouriously long with waits in between changes).
We were met by Mike who sold us the car.
As we had done all the paperwork previously,all we had to do was drive her home.
I have owned MGB's and a Healey sprite, but I have to say, I felt completely at home and comfortable driving this car and soon got in the throws of it.
In my wifes Citroen C3, I would get lumbar pain very quickly, but the Alfa seemed as though it was built for me. A good firm leather seat with good lumbar support.
The ride felt quite hard, which is what I prefer from a car, rather than a bouncy bouncy magic carpet ride.
My wife was very happy sitting in the passenger seat and is over the moon with the replacement of her C3.(She's driving it tomorrow).
Plenty of room for my foot to go further on the throttle on the M25 & M11, however, I had to avoid the temptation, due to the 11 points I currently have on my licence for speeding.
I am now researching and digging into past threads about certain aspects that interest me about the care and welfare of the car.
All in all, a very pleasant 88 mile drive home, and I'm eager to have another go in the near future, if I can wrench the keys from my wifes grasp and I'm sure I'll be banished back behind the wheel of my Transit camper pronto!!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0

AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6 24v

Get this book, I was given it for Christmas and it is excellent.

Alfa Romeo 916 GTV and Spider by Robert Foskett, 9781847973962

It's available on Amazon too.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

1st , experience , great