Gtv Newbie, help with windows please? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 24-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0ts

Gtv Newbie, help with windows please?

I've finally taken the plunge and bought a 1996 GTV, many years after owning an Alfa 75 that was floored to say the least, but I do have fond memories!!

Anyway, first thing does anyone know how to adjust the windows as they seem too high for the rubber seal around the door, and I have to open and close them to stop the air noise?

Secondly the seat seems to pitch me into the centre of the car, and gets uncomfortable to
say the least, is it a common fault, can it be fixed or am I looking at a 2nd hand replacement?

Other than that the car is beautiful and I can't wait for the weather to pick up a bit.

Cheers Jon
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
The seats were reknown for not being supportive; however, after a few month I'm sure they will mold themselves to you
AO Member
County: Worcestershire

Member car:

Ph1 GTV V6

Search on the forum to find workshop manual download. The door trims need removing and the stops for the windows need to be adjusted lower. The chapter in the manual explains. See PKR post on auto drop windows today for link to workshop manual. Page ref is in the right area as well.
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
For height problems the thing to adjust are the stops. There are two stops, one each end of the window, which need the door card to be removed.

What you have to do is slacken them off and adjust them back down until they stop the window just clear of the security strip. What makes it fiddly is the window should hit both stops simultaneously.

If you look at the first photo in this post -

at the top left you'll see two round white things. Between them you'll see an oval indentation in the metal and within the indentation, a round hole between two fastenings. The adjuster is the 10mm hex nut in that hole. You can see it's identical twin at the other end of the window just below the root of the door mirror.

There's a 'How To' in respect of removing the door card in the forum stickies.

Edit : Here

You can reconnect the window switch to the wiring with the door card off to do the adjustment.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 25-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0ts

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll give it a go after the thaw!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , newbie , windows