What to do! !!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
What to do! !!!!!

Hi all i have had a 2 GTV for a couple of years now and dreaming of a spider now.
I have recently bought a full zender Cup kit.
I have a fully rebuilt twinspark engine and rebuilt gearbox.Alfaholics back section.
The GTV i own is wax oiled in and out fully polybushed back end new pans Fk stainless coilovers etc etc all in all
A very presentable car with a very tidy clean engine bay.
Here is the insane part i have a plan to get a spider and rape the GTV of its 17" teledials and all the other
above mentioned parts.
As i dont believe i would get the money back for said parts as a fully running car.
I could end up with a very nice spider with 17" teles cup kit etc etc but do i just bin the GTV or swap all the stuff removed off the spider onto the GTV to ceeate a runner and sell it on? ??????
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Originally Posted by reveds1969 View Post
swap all the stuff removed off the spider onto the GTV to ceeate a runner and sell it on
This one.

Cheers, Baggers.
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire
do what im doing..........

have a spider for the summer and a gtv for the winter

parts are cheap so im sure you can get your spider as good as your gtv in no time, plus to me thats half the fun collect parts, grabbing a bargin, swoping wheels leather etc. making your standard spider look special
AO Silver Member
County: Kent

Member car:

I always liked the idea of owning a soft top car they are so nice to drive in the height summer!

Parts are interchangeable as you know, if its a Spider you want swap all the goodies from the GTV and fit them to the other car, sell the GTV once the parts are fitted back off the Spider.

End result, 1 fully sorted soft top!
Thanks guys i think the swap bits over and let my GTV go to a new owner i guess !!
Its sounds funny but i am not looking forward to pulling her apart it seems disrespectful.
But financialy makes sense.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider