very sore fingers :( - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 05-01-13 Thread Starter
County: Kent

Member car:

gtv 3.0 v6

Help very sore fingers :(

so my ph2 gtv heater fan stopped working recently and the guy at the garage said nothing seemed to be coming out of the speed controller/resistor thing but couldn't get one till after xmas. seemed an easy swap so got one myself and fitted it today but alas still no fan. sitting wondering what could be wrong noticed a burning smell which turned out to be the still loose controller burning through the carpet! luckily have a kill switch for the battery and managed to pull it out before the car toasted burning the crap out of my hand in the process! any ideas people??
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Brokopondo
I know in the P1 GTV/Spider that if the fan fails to work at all the 1st place to check is: as you sit in the drivers seat remove the lower panel on your left knee and then reach up into this recess and there is a junction block for the heater. As the cars are generally nearly 15 years old now the wiring connections have become very grey and could do with a good rub with wet&dry and then a dab of vaseline but first things first this junction block will have three or four wires that go to the heater area and the other side disappears into depths of dash area, take this block and give the wires a good twist and wiggle and see if you fan starts working? If so, then you need to give the junctions a good clean back to shiney silver rather than the dull grey.

Hope this helps? as this is generally the problem in P1's.
AO Platinum Member
Isn't there also a fuse which can blow - located on the passenger's side if I recall...and if it blows the heater will only work when turned to 4....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

fingers , sore