Doors open warning lights. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 09-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Doors open warning lights.

I recently sought some help with bonnet and boot warning lights being permanently on, thanks to those good people who replied. Anyway today being a rare day with a bit of time to spare I thought I would have another look at this irritating problem. Having once looked at the bonnet sensor, removing it and giving it a good clean and disconnecting it made no difference, time to locate the boot sensor!
First step was to remove the trim completely from the inside of the boot lid and with the aid of a torch the sensor can be seen just by the catch on the lid, you do need to perform a back bend over the boot to see this though!
I tried to clean the sensor with some contact cleaner and moved the arm by hand a few times but no luck. Finally followed the wiring back along the lid to a connection block, disconnected this and the bonnet and boot lights went out.
Now need to be careful that both bonnet and boot are properly closed before a journey but can now use the alarm fob again at last. Hope this may be of help to other members.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

doors , lights , open , warning