New GTV owner,a few problems. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-12-12 Thread Starter
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0 T-Spark

Help New GTV owner,a few problems.

Hi new to owning an Alfa.
First off i have been getting the injector light on mostly when cold but sometimes when its been running for a while,becomes very jerkey to drive,any ideas?central locking keeps unlocking,alarm fob lights up but does nothing,have the alarm key card and do i have to buy two types of spark plugs,if so what ones,being on a budget the cheaper type for the moment.
I'm looking to keep my Alfa GTV 2.0L Twin Spark for quiet sometime so any help with my little problems would be very nice.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Glasgow

Member car:

GTV 2.0 16V

I found the same with my central locking was doing that too and it was solved by cleaning the passenger side door lock and drivers side and regreasing them again

Search on the fourm for the problems with fob and injector light am sure u will find info on them
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
Injector light is really the engine management light, so it can be numerous things, Maf, sensors etc, but you will need to get it plugged into Fiat ecuscan or Alfa diag, either at an Alfa garage or buy a cable from Ebay and download the software from the internet, if you have a phase 2 get the switched version of the cable. You can download free versions or pay for the full version. The free versions are usually enough for most things. Then you'll know for sure what the fault is, until the fault is cleared the light will be on, it can sometimes go off if the fault is intermittent, but it usually comes back on.
8 plugs are required for the TS, 4 normal size and 4 smaller plugs, hence Twin spark, 2 in each cylinder, they are around 75 for the set. Most people change them when the cam belt needs changing, every 36K or 3 years. If you don't know when your belts where last changed, get it done asap.
The lock problem, does this happen when it's cold or all the time? All doors and the boot and bonnet must be shut properly, otherwise the car will not lock. For further info do a search and you'll find many threads on the subjects. Good Luck and let us know how you get on.
AO Member
County: Shropshire
Welcome to the club , post a few pics of your new Alfa if you like .

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , owner , problems