Remote Central Locking Not Working - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS

Remote Central Locking Not Working

Hi all,

My GTV (2000 phase 2 with META alarm) had a flat battery a couple of days ago, and after jump starting it, everything seems ok except the remote locking no longer works.

When I went to the car I used the remote to unlock it, but then it wouldnt start. I had to lock it with the key as the remote wouldnt lock it again. I came to it later with jump leads and got it going again, but now the remote doesnt work at all, no hazard flash, nothing.

I've done numerous thread searches and had a good read, but cant find an answer to the problem.

Is there a fuse that might have gone for the alarm? Is there a way of re-setting it somehow or has the fob just lost the coding now and is therefore useless?
Any help would be appreciated. I can obviously use the car with the key, but really would like the RCL to work again if possible.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0 24V

Mine sometimes plays up in the cold.. More commonly doesn't work if the door is not full shut. Make sure your passenger door is closed properly.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 479
County: Norfolk
Did you connect the jump leads the car with the keys in the ignition, if so this can cause false errors within the vehicle's various ECU's? Once the battery is fully charged, try disconnecting the battery, by removing the earth lead and leave off for about 15+ mins, then reconnect and try again.
County: Durham

Member car:

gtv 3.0 v6

Bit of an old thread but did you manage to get to the source of your alarm problem?

Exactly the same has happened to me today - went to start my V6 today and had a flat battery as it's been under a pile of snow for the past couple of weeks (although the remote did unlock the car and disarm the alarm). Jump started the car without the keys in the ignition when I connected the jump leads. She fired up first time, went out for a blast and everything ok, came home, pressed the fob to lock and arm the alarm, but nothing! no indicators flashing and central locking not working although the central locking is fine when using the key. Tried spare remote thinking batteries were flat, still nothing

Any ideas would be much appreciated before i start pulling it all to pieces to find the problem.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

central , locking , remote , working