Looking for a V6
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: United Kingdom
I have just had a drive shaft out and back in when i changed the front hub, the easiest way i found was to do the following.
1, undo the hub nut,
2, remove disc and caliper,
3, split track rod end,
4, split ball joint,
5, undo the two bolts on the strut, slide hub off (disconnect the abs sensor at the bulkhead)
6,undo the 6 bolts holding the driveshaft on,
7, you may need to lever the lower arm to get the ball joint out fully.
Instalation was roughly the reverse. As follows.
Before re assembly i cleaned all threads/ ball joint and put plenty of coper slip on everything.
1. Install drive shaft do up the 6 allen bolts and nuts
2. Slide complete hub on to outer end of drive shaft, spin hub nut on but don't tighten yet.
3. Bolt hub to upright (two bolts) also re attach ABS sensor
4. Attach track rod end
5. Using a bar lever suspension are down and insert ball joint
6. Refit disc and caliper
7. Go around and tighten all nuts and bolts dont forget hub nut
8. Put wheel back on and enjoy a test drive
9. Have a well earned cuppa!!
Thats how i did it hope its of use to you.
If you want too know how to do the inner driveshaft boot just ask.