Alfa Electrics- Please Help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-06-05 Thread Starter
Not Happy Alfa Electrics- Please Help

Hi All,

Just bought a 97 Alfa GTV 2.0 Lusso. Great until yesterday when driving at 90 on the motorway the warning lghts started to lit up like a Xmas tree (first Airbag warning, then ABS then Battery)

Car eventually wouldn't go above 3,00 revs. RAC came out and said it was the alternator, the guy charged the battery long enough for me to drive to a laybay and be recovered.

Before I take it to be looked at anyone any ideas as to what this maybe?
I had noticed a ticking noise coming from the back of the car- battery?- the last few times it started up, which stopped after a minute or so.

Any help greatly appreciated, only had the car for 2 weeks but feel like I have lost a member of the family

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Re: Alfa Electrics- Please Help

If the RAC guy diagnosed altnernator then that's probably a good place to start - if it's been playing up for a while then the battery may well be dead too. Did the battery warning light previously come on/stay on too long after start up? If it turns out to be something else and not the alternator you might get some of the cost back from the RAC (incorrect fault diagnosis causing unnecessary expense).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alfa , electrics