Spider S4 speedo and sender checking - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-11-12 Thread Starter
County: Hampshire
Help Spider S4 speedo and sender checking

Neew to the forum and ive read a lot of posts on this subject! The speedo has stopped working .I have checked fuse 7 and have volts to generator /sender /the cable is good.
there are three wires in sender ,black,to ground,pinkish ,constant power with ignition live anfd grey ,that seems to have about 5 volts.What should oi look for to teat the sender,is it an ac generator? and can i scope output and if so what range etc,Ive removed speedo binnacle and all seems well connected,the car has been converted from lhd to rhd,are there jumper looms that may be at fault? and i cant track down a wiring loom or test procedure

phew hope some of that makes sense
Sponsored Links
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL
This is the Lounge for the 916 Cars so you aren't going to get much info in here.

Either ask a Mod to move this Thread or Post again in here.

The Classic Alfa Romeos - Alfa Romeo Forum

Lots of info and knowledge in there.

On my Alfetta the Sender is fitted directly to the Gearbox, no mechanical drive is external, the Gearbox drives the Sender directly. The Sender is a Pulse Generator but only has two wires, a Volts supply and the pulses out. I had to rebuilt mine to get it going, easy enough as there is only two Transistors, a Zener Diode and a few other bit's and pieces.

What the one on the Spider is I have no idea so anything I have just said may be totally wrong for yours. Get this moved/reposted in the Classics Lounge and I'm sure there will be help, seem to remember reading a bit about this problem in there but, as, as usual, can't remember any details.

A search will pull up quite a few Posts, use key words like " Speedo Sender " or " Spider Speedo " and similar . The Link below is one I found very quickly, not necessarily what you want but will give you an idea.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/the-c...o-queries.html (Spider S3 Speedo queries...)

Have you seen the Lincolnshire Lounge ? Don't stay off the radar, come on in and have a look !

Next Event - TBA

Look Here ! -TBA

email: nige005@alfaowner.co.uk

Old radar men never die - their echoes just fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law.

Last edited by Nige005; 15-11-12 at 09:19.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

checking , sender , speedo , spider