Help - Removing the fuel vapour recirculation pipe - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 05-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Help - Removing the fuel vapour recirculation pipe

Hi guys. Fairly new on the site. I bought a 916 gtv twinspark 2L from my dad and it was my pride and joy till my wife decided to take her cousins for a joy ride. The oil light came on which doesnt mean a thing to my wife and she blew the whole enjin....

Now after spending a year looking for a new motor and getting quotes for enjins of twice what I paid for the whole car, I got hold of a guy from alfa South Arica's head office. He managed to get me a brand new motor a 10th of the price of what the Alfa garage was charging me. Because the workshops here are charging me more than what a engin would cost me and because I wanted to get to know my baby better I decided that I am going to put the motor in my self.
I have to say I am having the time of my life putting it in and I am falling in love with my car more and more every day.
I am using the workshop manual to take the engin out and everything seems to be going wellbexcept the one step is saying that I must remove the Fuel vapour recirculation pipe.

I am really stuck here and cant see how you get it ou without destroying the pipe. Theres nothing that you can unscrew or do you have to pull it out. Please if anyone knows I would really appreciate the help.Regards

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

fuel , pipe , recirculation , removing , vapour